[Orgmode] Re: Agenda view > Day separator

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Agenda view > Day separator
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 13:23:59 +0200

Hi Eric and Carsten,

Eric S Fraga wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 2010 20:27:27 +0200, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Take a look at the variable org-agenda-format-date.
>> Or you can write your own function to do something fancier, maybe based on
>> `org-agenda-format-date-aligned'.
>
> Thanks Carsten. This did the job. I modified your function to add a 120 long
> blank string at the end of the date [...] and I have a clear date separator!
> Underline would work as well, of course.

Another version, I guess, from what you wrote. No length hard-coded, except
for the 10 characters of the ISO date and 1 space after.

    (setq org-agenda-format-date
          (concat "%Y-%m-%d "
                  (make-string (- (window-width) 11) (string-to-char "_"))))

The agenda view is much, much clearer now...

Thanks both for your help,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban