Re: [Orgmode] import text from firefox with hyperlinks

From: Scot Becker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] import text from firefox with hyperlinks
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 11:03:51 +0100

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Carsten Dominik
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On May 17, 2010, at 12:59 AM, Kestutis Matonis wrote:
>
>> How can i copy/import selected page part from firefox to emacs with
>> hyperlinks?
>
> What is wrong with just copy and paste?

Well, the man wants to have hyperlinks converted to [[org][links]].
At least for my setup, there is no behind-the-scenes magic that does
this.  I just get the visible text, not the (invisible) links.

I can't answer your original question, (though I'll be keen to see if
someone can), but you also might be interested in org-protocol, which
can pass a URL, a document title and a selected region directly from a
web browser to a running instance of Emacs.  AFAIK,l it doesn't do
link formatting, but it will pass the link to the page you're looking
at.  See this blissfully complex introduction to it.

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.php

org-annotation-helper is a simpler tool that also does this.

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-annotation-helper.php

Scot