Re: [Orgmode] [patch] org-id: New org-id-method 'uuid' w/ elisp function

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [patch] org-id: New org-id-method 'uuid' w/ elisp function that creates random uuid
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 11:14:48 +0200

Carsten Dominik wrote:

>> - `org-id-new' uses uuidgen if present and falls back to the elisp
>>   function otherwise

>I like that.  WOuld you like to modify your patch accordingly?

Yes, I'll do that.  Just for the records: using the elisp function as
fall back for the external program changes the meaning of the
org-id-method uuidgen: It makes Org use UUIDs for the ID property and
the external program is the preferred method for doing this.  Hence
the symbol should better be 'uuid, not 'uuidgen.  So if there is a
list for backward incompatible changes for a further release (maybe
7.x) that are reasonable but not important this should go there.

HTH
 -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6