Re: [Orgmode] UPDATE schedule/deadline and ido-mode conflict

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] UPDATE schedule/deadline and ido-mode conflict
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 13:33:02 +0200

On May 14, 2010, at 10:27 AM, David Lee wrote:

On 05/13/2010 11:04 AM, David Lee wrote:
On 05/13/2010 10:26 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:
David Lee<address@hidden> wrote:

On 05/12/2010 11:46 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
David Lee<address@hidden> wrote:

After insert schedule and deadline by C-c C-s, C-c C-d, I switch
buffer by ido-mode command ido-switch-buffer.

Emacs will give out a message:
Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable org-ans1)

And ido-switch-buffer doesn't work.

My environment: Emacs 23.1, Org-mode 6.36.

Please post a backtrace. To find out how to get a backtrace, read
section 1.4, "Feedback", of the Org manual.

I turn on "Enter Debugger On error" all the time, and follow the
instruction in Org Info.
But I cannot get the backtrace, seems its not an *error* (didn't fire
up elisp debugger), but just a message?

The conflict make me give up schedule/deadline.

So, any other suggestion on get the backtrace?

Nope - no ideas/suggestions: seems to me it should have triggered.

What's the value of post-command-hook just before you get the error?
Note that that's a buffer-local variable, so you'll have to evaluate it
(using `C-h v post-command-hook<RET>') in the correct buffer.

Nick

Hi, Nick, the error is not consistent, and I cannot always capture it.
Is it related to the variable org-ans1?

From my local buffer (I am *not* very sure whether the value is before
the error, since sometimes C-h v affect the error conditions and make
ido-switch-buffer work, I will try to investigate the error when I can
reproduce it):

;;;
post-command-hook is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is
(linum-update-current t flyspell-post-command-hook)

Local in buffer emacs.org; global value is
(global-font-lock-mode-check-buffers
global-auto-composition-mode-check-buffers
global-linum-mode-check-buffers cua--post-command-handler)

- David

I tried DEADLINE today. The steps are:
1. C-c C-d to add DEADLINE, choose date from calendar.

How exactly do you choose it? Keyboard,mouse? List the exact key/ envents, please

- Carsten

2. Try ido-switch-buffer, didn't work and Emacs show
Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable org-ans1)

3. C-h v post-command-hook, Emacs show
post-command-hook\ \ \  is void as a variable.

4. Try ido-switch-buffer, it worked.

So, I use *C-h v post-command-hook* to solve the problem :)

Emacs 23.1 on Ubuntu9.04, Org-mode 6.36.