[Orgmode] Re: Bug: Invalid function: ignore-errors [6.36]

From: Adam Elliott
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: Invalid function: ignore-errors [6.36]
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 15:07:50 +0000 (UTC)

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> org.el does this already.  Just compile your .el files and things
> should work.

You are right, but I suspect the following:

When org is compiled and installed using the Makefile, elisp source files are
compiled individually.  When org-list.el is compiled in isolation and the cl
package is not included, the `ignore-errors' macro is not previously defined;
thus Emacs assumes it's a function instead, so the resulting elc file is broken.
 If org is compiled within Emacs and not from a batch process, it's almost
certain that the cl package will have been loaded, so this problem doesn't
occur.

I guess most people don't use the Makefile?

Adam