Re: [Orgmode] Re: Custom docbook stylesheets.

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Custom docbook stylesheets.
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 07:39:59 +0200

Hi

Somehow I do net seem to have a patch relating to this thread. Can you please send it again? Baoqiu, you agree that this should be applied?

- Carsten

On May 3, 2010, at 9:25 PM, Dale P. Smith wrote:

Baoqiu Cui <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Dale,

Dale Smith <address@hidden> writes:

Dale Smith <address@hidden> writes:

The current org-export-docbook-xslt-proc-command is a format string, with a fixed order of arguments (the fo filename and then the input docbook filname). Thats probably good enough for most (all?) xslt
processors, but things may be more limited when it comes to also
specifying the stylesheet. Do we need to have some kind of special
markers in the format string for where the different options go?
Something like $i $o and $s (for in, out, and stysheet)?

I thought about doing something similar to make the commands easier to set, but stopped pursuing that after seeing the format string style worked fine. I am not sure if any other Emacs modes/packages have done
something like this, i.e. using (semi)named arguments.

Well, it took me a while, but it found it.  It's the format-spec
function. (Actually, http://edward.oconnor.cx/2009/06/format-spec
clued me in.)

I'll have a go at it today and see if I can send in a patch.

Ok.  This works for me.  Docs are not updated.  That would push me
over the 10 line limit. ;^)

Thanks for working on this patch, which looks very good to me! Yes, I think format-spec is the right way to go, and it does make the command
format more flexible.

This didn't seem to make it into org-mode.  Any chance it could be
added?

Thanks,
 -Dale

--