Re: [Orgmode] Re: unique id=-values in aggregated html-exported docs

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: unique id=-values in aggregated html-exported docs
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 21:11:04 +0200

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi,

>   CE> Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <address@hidden> writes:
>   >> I found a small issue when aggregating multiple org-exported-to-html
>   >> entries into one page. The problem is that some of the html-elements have
>   >> id=... attributes, which are supposed to be unique in a html document;
>   >> however, this fails when aggregating different elements into one.
>
>   CE> Can you list which html elements are the problem?
>   CE> Does it help if you use the BODY-ONLY option (C-h f org-export-as-html)?
>
> Actually, that's what I'm doing already (through org-publish). The final
> (aggegated) result is at:
>     http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/changelog/index.html
> I got warned by tidy. I think it wouldn't be too hard easy to fix this by
> adding a per-document random cookie to these ids.

Can you verify, that those are clashing IDs?

I get an error from PHP's DOMDocument, that an ID is already
defined. But it is not.  There's still that old compatibility `name'
attribute left with the same value as the ID attribute. That's all.

I would through out.
The decision to keep it is two years old. And it was point of discussion
even by then.

> BTW, tidy also warned me about missing summary= attributes for tables; is
> there some way to add those?

Yes, summary is required. We all forgot to add it. It's meant to take a
description of the table's content and some browsers use it for
accessability purposes (I guess the summary is read aloud then).

A quick fix would be to just add `summary=""' to the table definition:

Tehom, how far is the HTML-exporter-overhaul?

  Sebastian