[Orgmode] Re: huge font in column view

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: huge font in column view
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 09:21:37 +0200

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:

>>> What do you get if you do M-x describe-face on the following faces:
>>>
>>> default

>>        Family: Consolas
>>       Foundry: microsoft
>>        Height: 79
>>          Font: #<font-object -microsoft-Consolas-normal-normal-
>> normal-*-11-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1>
>>       Fontset: -microsoft-Consolas-normal-normal-normal-*-11-*-*-*-
>> m-0-fontset-auto1
>>

>>> org-level-1

>>        Family: Arial
>>        Height: 1.8
>>        Weight: bold
>>

>>> org-level-2

>>        Family: Arial
>>        Height: 1.6
>>        Weight: bold
>>

>>> org-column

>>        Family: DejaVu Sans Mono
>>        Height: 122
>>
>> In summary, the problem is -- from my point of view -- that the face
>> specification (in my color-theme) is not honored:
>>
>> - org-column is NOT Consolas
>> - org-column is NOT 80 in height (8pt, if I correctly get that the unit is
>>  1/10 of point)
>>

>>> Are you talking about column view in the agenda or in an org file?
>>
>> Both...
>>
>> Header line `ITEM | TODO | PRI | TAGS' is much narrower than the "normal"
>> rows.
>
> well, you org-column face says that it wants to be 122/10 points, so that is
> already relatively big. It is possible (but I am not sure) that the factor
> 1.8 you have set for level on faces still shines through as well, but I
> don't think this should be the case.
>
> You need to find out how the 122 gets into the definition for org- column.

I have scanned all the potential files for `122' and `DejaVu': my `.emacs'
file, and my `color-theme' (published a couple of days ago on this same
mailing list). No trace...

I have no idea how that face is selected. For example, the only face I'm using
throughout my Emacs daily use, everywhere, is `Consolas'. It's the `default',
and the only other families I'm using are `Arial' and `Sans Serif' -- though,
for faces that have nothing to do with Org.

I'm clueless.

Best regards,
  Seb

--