Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode compact Guide

From: Stefan Vollmar
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode compact Guide
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 22:47:06 +0200

Dear Carsten,

On 01.05.2010, at 08:49, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> the final version of the new compact guide (down to 34 pages now)
> to Org-mode is here:
>
> http://orgmode.org/orgguide.pdf
>
> http://orgmode.org/guide/
>
> Do we need to advertise this document better?  Where?

I think it was a great idea of having a compact guide and I think the HTML
version works very well indeed in terms of layout and structure - nice work!

I would suggest to have a link to the new compact guide just after
"Documentation" on the left side on the top level of the Org-mode site, maybe
even a short paragraph with a link at the very top of the Documentation section.

There is also some unused space in the top left corner of both the Org Manual
and the new Compact Guide. I think it might be useful to have two icons there
to navigate between the Manual and the Compact Guide, possibly also back to the
Org-Mode site's top level - naturally, this should involve the "Unicorg" icon,
or variations thereof.

Warm regards,
 Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.
Max-Planck-Institut für neurologische Forschung