Re: [Orgmode] Simplify link handling?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Simplify link handling?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:08:31 +0200

On Apr 29, 2010, at 5:49 PM, Richard Riley wrote:

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

Richard Riley <address@hidden> wrote:

99 times out of a hundred my link usage when creating a new remember
item is simply "last link" (using C-c C-l org-insert-link as opposed to
using a link specifier in the template) - could there be a way to
configure, or is there already a way for org-insert-link to
automatically insert the last one stored? If there is only one link in the stored links array then i feel that should probably default too - as
it is you need to arrow to it - possibly the simplest would be to be
allowed to set something like "org-keep-one-link-only" and if this is
set org-insert-link automatically inserts the one single link
maintained.

I daresay its already there and I missed it ;)

Doesn't ``C-c C-l <RET>'' insert the last link? My usage is very
much the same as yours, but I never had to arrow to it.

Nick

Yes it does but I would prefer it to just insert immediately without the
buffer coming up and the need to hit return. Not earth shatteringly
important of course, but just another of those little tweaks which makes
usage that much more slick.

Do you not even want it to prompt you for the description (or confirmation of it?)

- Carsten