Re: [Orgmode] Re: OrgmodeOrg-export-generic and wikis...

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: OrgmodeOrg-export-generic and wikis...
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:14:27 +0200

On Apr 29, 2010, at 3:57 PM, Wes Hardaker wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:38:47 -0500, Robert Goldman <address@hidden > said:

RG> 1. Would it be reasonable to move the documentation for
RG> org-export-generic into the contrib/ directory of org-mode?  It
RG> seems ... suboptimal to have this package be maintained in the org
RG> git repo, but its documentation in the worg git repo. At least from RG> my PoV this raises the bar for keeping the documentation up-to- date
RG> and synchronized to a pretty high level.

I'll let Carsten answer questions like that ;-)

The reason for this is the following.

Many of the contributed packages where written by people who were active
in Org-mode for a while and then less so.  Many of these package had no
documentation at all.  So I started a page on WOrg where this
documentation can be added and edited by other users, with quite
some success - now most package do have documentation.

Keeping documentation for a contributed package the the org-repo would be OK, but there would be no mechanism to automatically put the latest version up on on the web.

Changing this would require a volunteer who commits to keep the documentation of contributed packages in a consistent and web-publishable way in the contrib directory.

- Carsten

RG> 2. Is the existing "handle each line separately" algorithm going to RG> permit us to handle faces correctly? Seems like we'll need a lot of RG> hair to handle, e.g., a phrase in italics that straddles a line- break,
RG> won't we?

Well, that's a good question and one I don't have a great answer for.
We could switch the parser to be multi-line based regexp matches but I
suspect the complexity of when to stop those regexps will get rather
harry too!
--
Wes Hardaker
My Pictures:  http://capturedonearth.com/