Re: [Orgmode] Re: due today notification

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: due today notification
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 18:34:48 -0400

Buck Brody <address@hidden> wrote:

> Maybe it would be best if I explain my current workflow.  I use agenda to see
> what is due today.  I
> then manually assign those items the A priority.  For the rest of the day,
> whether I am in a
> different agenda view, or just within my main file, I can quickly see what
> items are due today
> because they have the A priority within the headline.  Using a tag would work
> just as well.  I am
> looking for a way to cut out this manual process.

OK. Maybe the following will help. Define the following function
(perhaps in your .emacs):

(defun bb-mark-todays-deadlines-as-high-priority ()
"Find all entries with a DEADLINE of today and give them high priority."
  (interactive)
  (org-map-entries '(org-priority ?A) "+DEADLINE=\"<today>\"" 'file 'archive
'trees))

and invoke it in the project buffer with

    M-x bb-mark-todays-deadlines-as-high-priority <RET>

(or bind it to some key for convenience). You might have to fiddle with
it a bit - the mapping API is described in section A.10 of the Org
manual.

HTH,
Nick