Re: [Orgmode] a couple of questions about org-mime

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] a couple of questions about org-mime
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 16:43:53 -0600

Hi,

Xiao-Yong Jin <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using org-mode from git repository at commit
>
> ,----
> | commit 830e0cfe407b42060c3adc490baa7c3104589435
> | Author: Carsten Dominik <address@hidden>
> | Date:   Thu Apr 22 18:04:13 2010 +0200
> `----
>
> I have 2 questions regarding `org-mime-htmlize'.
>
> 1. How do I quote verbatim code?
>
>    BEGIN_SRC/END_SRC or BEGIN_EXAMPLE/END_EXAMPLE do not do
>    what I wanted.  They follow all the mark-up changes,
>    which are not desirable.  The only way I found is using
>    `=', which is not convenient for multi-line code.

I'm not sure what you mean here.  This should work exactly as does
exporting from an org-mode file, so for example exporting the following
begin/end_example block with `org-mime-htmlize' (which I've done) wraps
the results in a <pre> and does not perform any markup (not gnus does
some markup like bolding and underlining on it's own, following rules
similar to the org markup).

some stuff here, *not bold*, /not italicized/, etc...

preserve
  line
  breaks
like in code
If you have another example which demonstrates your problem please
share.

> 2. Why all the <br />?
>
>    With mono-spaced fonts in text/plain, line break looks
>    nice.  But I don't think those line-breaks need to be
>    preserved even after export to html.

Use the following to change this behavior

  (setq org-mime-preserve-breaks nil)

Perhaps this should be the default setting.  I currently have this set
to true because quoted mail (i.e. lines starting with ">") can look very
bad with line wrapping.

> Thanks for the good work though.

Thanks -- Eric