[Orgmode] Re: Exporting to single LaTeX file and multiple HTML files

From: Ulf Stegemann
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Exporting to single LaTeX file and multiple HTML files
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:44:16 +0200

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ulf Stegemann <address@hidden> writes:
>> I'm wondering what's the best way to export a single org file to a
>> /single/ LaTeX file but also to /multiple/ HTML files. Think of lengthy
>> manuals and things like that where such a strategy may be sensible. What
>> came to my mind were include commands or publishing functions that
>> post-process the export but this seems all rather cumbersome. Has anyone
>> a better idea?
>
>  - http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/

yes, this is a nice one but sometimes separate files are really needed.

>  - pdftohtml

Ah, a clever one, too ;)
Sure, it's possible to create a PDF and convert it to HTML later on but
this still seems a bit cumbersome and I'm not quite sure about the
reliability of the tool. When I used it last (some time ago) it
desperately failed on some PDFs.

Originally, I thought I could somehow achieve some sort of `split'
behaviour (e.g. like in texi2html) where you can specify to create a
separate file on export for every first (second, third ...) level
headline. But that's probably a bit tricky.

Ulf