[Orgmode] Re: Automatic clock-in

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Automatic clock-in
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:33:21 -0400

Andrea Crotti <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm using more and more the very nice clock functions provided by
> org-mode.
> I added this
> (global-set-key "\C-c\C-x\C-o" 'org-clock-out)
>
> So I can clock out from every buffer without problems.
> It would be nice somehow to have a similar thing for clock in also.
> It's not so easy of course but most of the I clock in in the same buffer
> that I last clocked out.
>
> There could be a default choice which brings you there and otherwise
> asks you to which buffer you want to clock in, something like that.
>
> Or is there another better way to do already what I'm asking?

Hi Andrea,

I have a couple of tasks I regularly clock in (organization, and read
mail/news).  These I clock in by F9-o and F9-m respectively.  They look
up the task by id and clock it in no matter what buffer I am in.  I have
F9-O as org-clock-out.

F11 is bound to org-clock-goto and C-F11 bound to org-clock-in so I can
return to my last clocked task simply by pressing F11, or I can visit
any recently clocked task with C-u F11 and I can clock in any recently
clocked task with C-u C-F11.

I use this all the time without thinking about it anymore :)

More details are here:
http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#KeyBindings
http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#ClockSetup

Regards,