Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] Exporter for taskjuggler

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] Exporter for taskjuggler
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:01:01 -0500

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 5:05 AM, Christian Egli <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Dan

Thanks for your feedback.

Dan Davison <address@hidden> writes:

Yes, I didn't even realize that a new version has come out as I'm still
using the old C++ Unix-only version.

One note on this... I think only the new Ruby version (TJ3) supports an actual gantt chart export... 2.4.3 (or whatever the other version is at right now) only shows a gantt chart in the program itself if I recall correction. It's not until TJ3 that you can get nice html output without needing the QT-based interface.

Perhaps not a huge deal for some, but I really wanted this (gantt charts) and did not want to be stuck with the QT interface for exporting them (or even showing them to others). If this is the type of output being sought, I'd stick with looking into TJ3 org-mode integration over 2.4. Or perhaps take a look at the first of the references on how to use both: TJ 2.4 for viewing and TJ3 for exporting?

Best regards,
John