Re: [Orgmode] Choosing external app at runtime?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Choosing external app at runtime?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 08:24:41 +0200

On Apr 16, 2010, at 7:35 AM, Simon Guest wrote:

Hi all,

When I follow a link, Org mode knows what application to use.  Except
that sometimes I want to override that choice.

For example, I have a collection of PDF files.  Mostly I want to open
them in my statically configured PDF viewer, which is fine.  But
sometimes I want to open one in Xournal, say, to annotate it.

My mail client Wanderlust will ask me in cases like this: if multiple
mailcap entries match, I get to choose when opening the attachment.

Any chance we could do a similar thing in Org mode?

Currently we do not have this. I can see that this could be both useful and annoying, if you have to answer a prompt each time.

- Carsten