[Orgmode] Re: Org-mode and appt

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode and appt
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:13:24 -0400

Uriel Avalos <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all, I've been following the blog post below, to get popups for org
> appointments via appt.
>
> http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2009/11/showing-pop-ups.html
>
> The notifications are working fine on my system. However, I have a question
> about appt. I noticed (1) if two appointments are scheduled for the same time
> (in the same file), appt only reports the first one it encounters. It doesn't
> warn you about the other. (2) Say, you set appt to warn you 15 minutes
> before. It won't report any appointments within 15 minutes of the first
> appointment it encounters. Ex: say your org file is this:
>
> * TODO Test
>   DEADLINE: <2010-04-16 Fri 15:20>
> * TODO Test 2
>   DEADLINE: <2010-04-16 Fri 15:22>
>
> You won't receive a warning for Test 2.
>
> Is there any way to make appt report appointments scheduled at the same time?
> Is there way to fix #2?

For this particular example I get warnings for both appointments in
plain vanilla appt but the second appointment warning doesn't show up
until the first appointment time is gone and it is removed from the
list.

So I get warnings for "Test" many times, and then a single warning for
"Test 2" 1 minute before the deadline and again at the deadline.

I have no idea how to change this behaviour or if it is configurable at
all.

Regards,
Bernt