[Orgmode] Re: Using org-agenda opens all my .org files.

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Using org-agenda opens all my .org files.
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:59:57 -0400

Rich Wellum <address@hidden> writes:

> When I run org-agenda to look at all my TODO's - every single .org file is
> opened into buffers. Is this simply the way it works or is my setup
> incorrect? It's a pain to have to kill all those buffers each time.

This is the way that org-mode works. If you'd like to release/kill your
org-mode buffers, simply type "x" in the agenda.

Might I ask why you want to kill the org buffers once they have been
opened? It is a relatively expensive operation to open and parse all the
org files the first time the agenda is generated. However, once the org
files (and all the properties added by org-mode) are loaded into memory,
agenda creation is much quicker.

Best,
Matt