Re: [Orgmode] footnote export fails if footnote indented

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] footnote export fails if footnote indented
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 16:50:19 +0200

Hi Dan,

have you given this patch any serious testing, and do you have
any remarks about it?

Thanks.

- Carsten

On Jan 13, 2010, at 11:51 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Jan 12, 2010, at 10:37 PM, Dan Davison wrote:

If you hit <TAB> on a footnote definition, it indents it away from
column 1, to align with its heading. However, the footnote definition
needs to start in column 1 in order for the footnote to be correctly
exported. It would be nice if the footnote exported correctly even when
indented (or if that's problematic, then a less preferable solution
would be having <TAB> not indent it).

Hi Dan,

here is a patch that allows footnote definitions to be detached from the left margin. However, I am not sure if it breaks anything else - so extensive testing would be necessary...

Also, renumbering footnotes etc will put them back at the margin currently. I am not sure how that should be handled otherwise....

- Carsten

<footnote-detach.patch>

- Carsten