Re: [Orgmode] filter agenda by priority?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] filter agenda by priority?
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 17:13:02 +0200

On Apr 10, 2010, at 12:00 AM, Michael Gilbert wrote:

Hi all —

Been through the manual. Might be missing something obvious. But, is there a straightforward way to filter the Agenda by Priority? I find that I would actually USE priorities more if I could figure out how to do this.

You can have the agenda sorted by priority, or you can do a tags/todo/ category search for a particular priority. For example

C-c a M PRIORITY="A"

If you want to have the daily/weekly agenda for only a single priority, you would have to use a skipping conditon. Here is how such a setup would look in the customization buffer for org-agenda-custom- commands,

Org Agenda Custom Commands: Hide Value
INS DEL Choice: Value Menu Single command:
            Access Key(s) : x
            [X] Description: Agenda for priority A
            Choice: Value Menu Agenda
            Match (only for some commands):
            Local settings for this command. Remember to quote values:
INS DEL Setting: Value Menu Non-standard skipping condition:
                        org-agenda-skip-function
Function or form (quoted!): '(and (not (equal "A" (org-entry-get nil "PRIORITY"))) (point-at-eol))
            INS
            [ ] Export:
                INS

And the lisp representation is:

(push '("x" "Agenda for priority A" agenda ""
        ((org-agenda-skip-function
          '(and
            (not
             (equal "A"