Re: [Orgmode] Basic orgmode tutorial

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Basic orgmode tutorial
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 12:07:19 -1000

On Mar 24, 2010, at 7:18 AM, Russell Adams wrote:

Carsten,

I discussed this with a few users off an on.

In the manual there are items required to setup org, keybindings, etc.

The idea would be to include:

- An Agenda file, which loads by default
- Init file which
  - Preconfigured keybindings
  - Remember keybinding for basic todo to agenda file
  - Configured auto-mode-alist
  - Recommended Global key maps

They are all basic items to an experienced emacs user, but a new user
doesn't understand why they have to go edit the config file and make
changes. Their emphasis is on they want to run "Org-mode", not "Emacs
with Org-mode".

Perhaps an install script which sets the file association for .org in
whatever OS they are installing to. Option icon to load straight to
agenda view...

Just a few idea that have been bantered around, I suspect all of those
could be performed with a script as opposed to redistributing emacs.

Thanks.