Re: [Orgmode] Request for feedback about LaTeX setup changes

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Request for feedback about LaTeX setup changes
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 00:33:47 +0200

On Apr 7, 2010, at 7:04 PM, Aaron Hammitt wrote:

I like the fact that I don't have to clutter org-export-latex- classes with so many options. I also like org-export-latex-packages- alist better than what I was doing previously with org-export-latex- append-header.

The downside is that I had some conflicts between the org default packages (with either wasysym or latexsym, but now I don't recall which one) and other packages I import in all my documents. Also, I like to use the hyperref package with colorlinks=True and my own linkcolor, so I had to modify org-export-latex-default-packages- alist anyway. Now I'm in the position of still having to manually update org-export-latex-default-packages-alist if you change the packages that are required by orgmode in the future.

Despite the initial work of figuring out where the conflicts were arising from (after first upgrading to 6.35) and having to download some of the default packages, I do like the new setup. I can't think of a better solution; everything I can think of that would solve one problem would just lead to another. And like you said, I can always opt out...

Hi Aaron,

thanks for your feedback.

Yes, the new setup is optimized for simple uses, newbees etc. Hassles remain for people with extensive customization - but I also do not know a better way.

- Carsten