Re: [Orgmode] [bug] org-insert-link in different frame

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [bug] org-insert-link in different frame
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 12:10:23 +0200

Hi Lluis, would you like to make a patch for me to fix this?

- Carsten

On Mar 30, 2010, at 7:17 PM, Lluís wrote:

I tried to insert a previously stored link in an org-mode buffer that was in a `framepop' buffer (framepop "pins" a buffer in a separate frame, and all
interactions are redirected to the non-framepop frame).

The result is that '(get-buffer-window "*Org Links*")' returns 'nil' and thus
the function throws an exception.

This could be easily fixed by using the second argument FRAME in
`get-buffer-window'. In any case, which would be the best value for that argument still escapes my knowledge (I supose `t' would be safe and work in all
cases).

I'm using version 6.34c.

In an unrelated note, I'm using an approach similar to that of

  http://tsdh.wordpress.com/2009/03/

and when saving an org-mode file in the framepop frame, the hook is somehow unable to prevent the excursion, thus showing me the agenda buffer on my main
working frame.

I tried a `framepop-toggle-frame' before and after the `save- excursion' code if `selected-frame' is `framepop-frame' (which should get back to the "working" frame and thus save excursions in there). Even if the framepop-frame is visibly
toggled, it still shows the same undesired behaviour.

Thanks,
       Lluis

Tollbooth