Re: [Orgmode] Re: IMPORTANT: (possibly) incompatible Change

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: IMPORTANT: (possibly) incompatible Change
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:35:38 +0200

On Mar 31, 2010, at 11:00 AM, Chris Gray wrote:

Carsten Dominik wrote:

* =org-export-latex-classes= no longer should be customized for packages

The HEADER part of this variable should now only contain the
documentclass macro, nothing else - at least normally.  All the
package calls via usepackage should go into
org-export-latex-packages-alist.  I moved all the default packages
that into a new variable org-export-latex-default-packages-alist.
This will allow me to add more packages (as needed) in the
future, withour requiring you to erase and then redo your
configuration of org-export-latex-classes.

So if you have customized this variable, please remove once more
(hopefully for the last time) your customization, so that it can
revert to its now much simpler default value.  Put all your
package definitions into org-export-latex-packages-alist.
I hope this works, and we will not get conflicts because of the
sequence in which packages are called.  If there are problems,
please let me know so that we can find a solution.

Is it sufficient to change the variable that is being set from
org-export-latex-classes to org-export-latex-default-packages- alist? Or
does the format of the list change at all?

org-export-latex-default-packages-alist has the same format as org- export-latex-pakcages-alist. And I am filling org-export-latex- default-packages-alist already with the correct set of default packages, so you should not touch that variable.

Only if you have previously customized org-export-latex-classes in order to add more usepackage statements, then you should remove your customization of that variable and list your set of additional packages in org-export-latex-packages-alist instead.

Am I making sense?

Thanks.

- Carsten