Re: [Orgmode] Org mode and emacs email

From: Henri-Paul Indiogine
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org mode and emacs email
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:14:56 -0500

Simon Brown <address@hidden> writes:
> I currently use mutt as my email client but I'm looking for greater
> emacs integration and better html support. Org mode supports at least
> gnus, vm and wanderlust. Can anybody advise on the relative pros and
> cons? My main restriction is that I don't want to break my mutt setup,
> so the client must be able to work with my current collection of mbox
> files. I also have 3 IMAP accounts. Using emacs 23 and current org-mode.

It took me a looong time to set up gnus after having tried all other
email clients for Emacs.  The nice thing is that gnus comes with Emacs
and so you do not have to worry about additional installations.

I also like that I can dispense with .gnus and place all my gnus
customizations in my .emacs file.

The cons is that gnus is a big nasty beast.  Still I would have to learn VM or
Wanderlust, so you might as well learn gnus and be done with it.

--
Henri-Paul Indiogine
Email: address@hidden