Re: [Orgmode] Re: Export special characters to LaTeX and HTML

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Export special characters to LaTeX and HTML
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 05:56:45 -1000

On Mar 29, 2010, at 4:01 AM, Magnus Henoch wrote:

"Sven Bretfeld" <address@hidden> writes:

I use the same characters for Sanskrit. They export just fine to LaTeX.
To type them I have the following in my .emacs:

(define-key global-map [(meta a)] nil) ;;make Alt-a free as a prefix
(define-key org-mode-map [(meta a)] nil)

(defun insert-lang-a ()
(interactive)
(ucs-insert "0101"))
(global-set-key "\M-aa" 'insert-lang-a)

(defun insert-lang-i ()
(interactive)
(ucs-insert "012B"))
(global-set-key "\M-ai" 'insert-lang-i)

An alternative to the above is to use an input method, e.g. M-x
set-input-method RET latin-alt-postfix.  Then typing "a-" gives you "ā"
(and typing "a--" gives you "a-").

--
Magnus Henoch

Thanks Magnus,