Re: [Orgmode] Re: possible bug: TAB after elipsis

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: possible bug: TAB after elipsis
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 14:02:55 -0600

Very cool and good point about unfolding. I've basically been doing the same things.

Thanks for the speed keys link, especially. I've just got to sit down and read the whole manual some weekend... there's so much and since I am usually searching under 'problem-based' motivation, there's so many helpful things I might never find that way!

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Memnon Anon <address@hidden> wrote:
John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> This awesome. If this equivalent existed for M-a/e and M-f/b, I would
> be very happy with the result. Seem reasonable -- when on a folded
> headline, I just can't think of a reason someone would want to
> interact with the headline after the ellipsis. It even, as someone
> else mentioned, can ge one into trouble -- press the wrong key or
> delete after it and you're removing text you can't even see... but are
> able to interact with!

Well, after all, its just "Plain Text" you are editing.
Whenever there is an Elipsis, there is a convenient "hack" in the
display hiding what you don't want to see, but it is never the less a
hack. So I got into the habbit that, whenever I edit a line that
contains "...", I unfold it first; whenever it is folded, I only
a ) view it or
b) navigate with the org commands like the speed keys
  (http://orgmode.org/manual/Speed-keys.html) or
c) use the org structure editing command
(http://orgmode.org/manual/Structure-editing.html).

For extensive editing with emacs board tools, there is always
"M-x show-all".

So, I agree, whenever there are ellipsis, editing "it ... can
get one into trouble". So I just don't ;).

hth
Memnon