Re: [Orgmode] Where ends a subtree?

From: Adam
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Where ends a subtree?
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 06:32:41 +1200

On Saturday 27 March 2010 05:27 am, Franz Heuser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder where an subtree ends. My work flow is as follow:
> * headline
>   some text...
>
> Know I notice a ToDo entry that is link to the text. So i type
>
> ** ToDo something useful
>    notes about the ToDo
>
>   ... more about the headline.
>
> My problem is, that '... more about the headline' is hidden, when the
> ToDo entry is folded. It belongs syntactically to ToDo, but semantically
> to the headline.
>
> Is there an <end> Tag or something like that? Where i can say: Here Ends
> the ToDo entry, what comes now belong to the last headline?
>
> Any Idea? Or a hint, how i can use org-mode another, better way?

This appears to be the situation with Calendar and also
surprisingly with Diary.

Somewhere on the Emacs Wiki it suggests; no space between lines,
and also to begin each new line with a dash -    Such as;
- item 1
- another note
- some more.

For me, for Diary in particular, it would be good to be able to block
longer text together, and even perhpaps paragraph. I suppose it
becomes less of an itemized work diary at that stage, and more of
a rambling personal type, which suggests a separate or 2nd diary file
altogether should be used.

What do others think.