Re: Switch language on heading lines in Latex export (was Re: [Orgmode]

From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
Subject: Re: Switch language on heading lines in Latex export (was Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-beamer: How to get items appear sequentially rather than all at once)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:02:24 +0100

I think this behavior in org-mode is correct.
For instance, suppose we have the heading below
,----
| * Some heading
|   - \textbf{lalala}
|   - {\textbf lelele}
|   - \alert{lilili}
`----

In the first item org will recognize this is a Latex command and the
brackets will be passed to Latex without any escaping. However, in the
second item there is nothing before the first bracket and org will
correctly escape the bracket. Therefore only the first letter in "lelele"
will be in bold. That is, org recognizes Latex syntax and not the old TeX
syntax in the second item. Any command recognized in Beamer will work as
the alert command in the third item.

Summarizing, define your macros as Latex macros instead of TeX ones and
they should work. That is, something like \J{XXX}.

 - Darlan