[Orgmode] question about org-batch-agend-csv

From: Emin.shopper Martinian.shopper
Subject: [Orgmode] question about org-batch-agend-csv
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:37:15 -0400

Dear Experts,

I have a question about org-batch-agenda-csv. I would like to be able
to export my org-agenda to Microsoft outlook. Attempts to do this via
ical files failed because outlook can't seem to read those properly. I
tried using the export for ical discussed at
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg00039.html and
also tried putting in a line which just said METHOD: as suggested in
that thread but this didn't work.

Further research suggested that outlook can read a simple csv file
format to import. This led me to think that the org-batch-agenda-csv
command could be easily used to produce the csv needed for outlook to
import. Unfortunately, this doesn't work because when I do something
like

   emacs -batch -eval "(org-batch-agenda-csv \"a\")"

on cygwin I get results like

journal,quick morning
stuff,scheduled,,plan:daily,2010-3-22,700,Scheduled:,,1099,2010-3-22

where the start time (700) is shown but the end time is not.

My questions are:

  1. Is there a way to get the start/end times to show up better?
  2. Is there a better way to export to outlook?

Thanks,
-Emin