Re: [Orgmode] AI for orgmode

From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] AI for orgmode
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 01:48:42 +0100

I strongly agree with "just start simple". The manual is very good, but it
is better when you are looking for something specific. One of the best
things in org is that it is very flexible and you can use it in the way you
want, but in the beginning I didn't know "how I should use it" or "how I
want to use it". One thing that helped me was seeing the setup of power
users. This allowed me to quickly see what org could do and how it could be
done. Only after that I found "the best way to use org-mode" for me.

But the problem is that I could only find "power users setups". Maybe some
tutorial that builds a setup like that from scratch would be good. The
tutorial could be broken in parts where each part adds something to the
previous one and the user could use the setup from parts he already viewed
for some time to really "feel org-mode". Reading each part would be more
rewarding then reading a lot of information and only after that trying
org-mode.

Darlan