[Orgmode] dates in a spreadsheet

From: Josh Mattoon
Subject: [Orgmode] dates in a spreadsheet
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:04:30 -0800

I'm using the spreadsheet capabilities of org for the first time (very cool!) to plan an upcoming trip.  I'd like to create a column formula to automatically calculate the dates/day of week but I'm a bit stumped.  I don't see a way for the formula to know which row it is currently processing.  I'm also coming up short trying to find any elisp to go from day of year -> formatted date string.  Any suggestions?