Re: [Orgmode] Cannot reschedule task with repeater

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Cannot reschedule task with repeater
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 18:18:33 +0100

On Mar 8, 2010, at 8:57 AM, Tom wrote:

It's not clear to me in case of a timestamp like this

    <2010-03-08 H 21:30 .+1d>

why can't the reschedule feature change the date/time part only
and leave the repeater part intact? Why does it have to throw the
error "Cannot reschedule task with repeater"?

I see no compelling reason for not allowing rescheduling in this case.
Maybe an option could be added which the user could set if he wants
to allow rescheduling even in case of schedules with repeater.

Hi Tom,

there is no compelling reason except a technical reason.  It was
kind of hard to make this work because of the way scheduling
and deadlining is implemented.  When I added the error message,
it was because that seemed better than removing the repeater silently.

I have now removed this limitation, because, as you say, it
really should not be there.D

- Carsten