Re: [Orgmode] [org-feed] Remember the Milk - active timestamps

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [org-feed] Remember the Milk - active timestamps
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 21:27:18 +0100

On Mar 4, 2010, at 7:33 PM, Sven Bretfeld wrote:

Hi Carsten

how is the appointment time visible in the RTM stream? Are they using
a special tag for it or so?

They have a really weak management for dates. Everything that exceeds
the due-time by more than one week, is awkward to insert (especially on
a phone) and very buggy and unstable. Yes, they have a special tag
inside the stream, but in the meantime I think it's not worth worrying
how to grab and convert it.

Now, I solved the case by inserting a couple of digits directly into the
headline and change it with an org-feed-after-adding-hook:

,----RTM

| This is a date @@10030411:15-12:45

`----

It will be converted into:

,----Orgmode

| ** This is a date
|    <2010-03-04 11:15-12:45>

`----

by this function:

(defun rtm-dateconvert ()
 (interactive)
 (beginning-of-buffer)
(while (re-search-forward "@@\\([0-9][0-9]\\)\\([0-9][0-9]\\)\\ ([0-9][0-9]\\)\\([0-9]*[0-9]+:[0-9][0-9]\\)\\ ([-]*[0-9]*[0-9]*[:]*[0-9]*[0-9]*\\)" nil t)
     (replace-match "\n <20\\1-\\2-\\3 \\4\\5>" nil nil))
 (save-buffer "mygtd.org"))

(add-hook 'org-feed-after-adding-hook 'rtm-dateconvert)

This is a good solution! I think one could to a lot more smart reading in this way....

So far it works. But it's not very elegant to jump to the beginning of
the buffer in the first step. I couldn't find out how to restrict
re-search-forward to only the current line. If that is possible, one
could get rid of the necessity of the @@.

Why only the current line? Are you sure that you are not dealing with a multi-line text?

Anyway, yes you can:

(goto-char (point-at-bol))
(looking-at ".*?AndThenYourRegexpHere")

HTH

- Carsten

There are still some other problems in using RTM with org-feed. I will
start a new thread on them. If they can be solved, I can absolutely
recommend RTM for orgmode users who own an Android phone (there is a RTM app in the Market), especially since Reqall is not yet available in most
parts of Europe and OrgMobile for Android is not yet fully usable.

Greetings,

Sven