[Orgmode] Lesson Learned: Day needed for iCalendar export

From: David A. Gershman
Subject: [Orgmode] Lesson Learned: Day needed for iCalendar export
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 18:49:07 -0800 (PST)

Hello Everyone,

I ran into this just now and I don't think it's documented anywhere so
here is a tidbit thay may prevent some hair loss:

I get a work calendar of my days off work for holidays.  So I collect
them in my .org file like so:

* Work Holidays
   <2010-05-31>
   <2010-07-05>
   <2010-09-06>
   <2010-11-25>
   { there are more }

When exporting my .ics file I found these dates were not showing up, but
they *were* showing on my .org Agenda view.  Turns out the iCalendar
export needs the *day* also:

* Work Holidays
   <2010-05-31 Mon>
   <2010-07-05 Mon>
   <2010-09-06 Mon>
   <2010-11-25 Thu>

.ics export worked great after that.  Enjoy!

David A. Gershman
address@hidden
http://dagertech.net/gershman/
"It's all about the path!" --d. gershman