Re: [Orgmode] [babel] tangle creates different filename than it used to

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] tangle creates different filename than it used to
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 00:20:45 -0500

"Martin G. Skjæveland" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> running tangle with the following values
>
>   #+begin_src xml :tangle test.rdf
>   #+end_src
>
> used to create a file called test.rdf. However, after a fresh git pull
> today this now tangles to the file test.rdf.xml, which is not what I
> want.

I understand. I wonder if babel should simply assume that the user has
entered a file name with the correct extension when :tangle is something
other than "yes".

> I think I could add rdf as a language babel would understand but
> interpret as xml with something like
>
>   (add-to-list 'org-babel-tangle-langs '("rdf" "xml" nil t))

To tell it to use extension .rdf for rdf blocks would be

(add-to-list 'org-babel-tangle-langs '("rdf" "rdf" nil t))

and you'll also need

(org-babel-add-interpreter "rdf")

> and rewrite the block to
>
>   #+begin_src rdf :tangle test
>   #+end_src
>
> , but then it complains that there is no rdf-mode. How can I best
> solve this?

To tell org to use sgml-mode for rdf:

(add-to-list 'org-src-lang-modes '("rdf" . sgml))

Dan