Re: [Orgmode] Precision setting for spreadsheet calculation

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Precision setting for spreadsheet calculation
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:34:29 +0100

On Feb 26, 2010, at 9:16 PM, Michael Brand wrote:

Hi all,

1) I tried to set the precision for the spreadsheet calculation to p20 like mentioned in the Org info manual "3.5.2 Formula syntax for Calc":
I got

| 0.1666666700000000 |
#+TBLFM: $1 = 1 / 2 * 3; %.16f p20

but I expect

| 0.1666666666666667 |
#+TBLFM: $1 = 1 / 2 * 3; %.16f p20

You need p20f20

p20 is for internal computation, f20 for youput, and the table
gets the value through output.  Confusing, yes....

HTH

- Carsten

What am I missing? org-version is the current 6.34c, GNU Emacs version is 21.1.1

Thanks,
Michael