Re: [Orgmode] Re: Mobile org

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Mobile org
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:30:55 +0100

On Feb 26, 2010, at 7:07 PM, David A. Gershman wrote:

This is (currently) my personal solution for exactly what you're
describing.

I recently bought an iPod (not iPhone). On it I put MobileOrg (not the
Android version).  My process is to work with my .org files on a
thumbdrive (this allows portability) and even have emacs for windows on
the same thumbdrive (all my *nix machines already have emacs).  My
.emacs file is even kept on the thumbdrive.  This keeps my
"authoritative" .org files on the thumb drive and even on a TrueCrypt
volume for security (also portable).  Nice, safe and private.

Next, I have a WebDav account online where I can then "publish" my .org
files and have them sync'd with MobileOrg on the iPod.  Works
beautifully. CATCH: the WebDav account I'm using is on my own personal server I have on the internet. I work very hard to secure my server and there are no other admins. So I'm pretty comfortable with my .org files
residing on it.  However, there are public, free WebDav servers out
there you can use also.

I am working with Richard on an encryption solution, so that the files on the server will be encrypted.

- Carsten

I've also been able to get my Agenda events into the iPod's calendar app
via Chandler tools.  I'll spare everyone the details unless asked.

Good Luck!

Maybe MobileOrg-Android be the simpler solution

http://wiki.github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/

I did not tried yet

Daniel