Re: [Orgmode] Re: Let's TALK about it

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Let's TALK about it
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 07:37:47 -0700

Andrea Crotti <address@hidden> writes:

> Il giorno 25/feb/2010, alle ore 17.55, Eric Schulte ha scritto:
>
>> I see,
>>
>> I think a point could be made for advertising Org-mode + babel as a
>> suite for "Reproducible Research with Python" or "Literate Programming
>> in Python".  Framing the talk in that manner could allow you to cut
>> straight to the meat of Org-mode/babel skipping over python-mode --
>> which hopefully won't leave anyone behind as they've all seen editor
>> support for python.  Then as long as the code your execute/demonstrate
>> is python-code I think the relevance would be clear.
>>
>> But please don't let me usurp your talk or the conference attendees
>> time :)
>>
>> Best -- Eric
>>

> Hei Eric thanks,
> you didn't CC to the list on purpose?

Nope, I had intended to CC the list.  I am CC'ing the list now.

> Anyway "Literate programming in Python" sounds nice in my opinion.
> The problem is that the people attending are mostly working, not doing
> research, so I'm not sure that would be so interesting (at least from
> the title IT IS interesting).

fair enough, in an industry environment (especially when working as part
of a group) I can see how writing your code from inside of an Org-mode
file is certainly not an option.

> And also python mode is nothing so strange, BUT there are a few
> packages that are really great and could improve dramatically the
> productivity (and which are not so immediate to configure).
>
> So I don't know, I think I somehow should include both things...

So, I hope it goes well, and I'd second Tom's point that if you do end
up working Org-mode/babel into your talk we'd love to see a video and/or
hear how it was received.