Re: [Orgmode] Re: Mobile org

From: Daniel Martins
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Mobile org
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 08:07:15 -0300

Maybe MobileOrg-Android be the simpler solution

http://wiki.github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/

I did not tried yet

Daniel

2010/2/3 <address@hidden>
Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello list,
>
> org-mode really changed my life, and allowed me to fully implement GTD the way
> I wanted. However, I miss having access to it everytime, so, I'm looking for a
> mobile device that could run emacs and org, and that I could keep in sync with
> my laptop.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Any suggestions appreciated,
>
> Marcelo.

Hi Marcelo,
          check the CategoryPorts page on the emacswiki:
          http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CategoryPorts

          Personally I use emacs on my android phone, which includes a
          Debian installation, see here:

          http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsOnAndroid

          I use the android scripting environment to access android
          programs from emacs. This allows me to make phone calls/send
          text messages with BBDB in emacs, while I can still use the
          useful gui stuff in android such as maps, web-browsing,
          bar-code scanner etc.

          I believe android is the way to go since it is open source
          and hackable, while also having a large repertoire of cool
          and useful apps.

          The only drawback is that the initial setup is quite
          complicated and time-consuming. You need to be fairly
          technically minded.

--
aleblanc