Re: [Orgmode] Re: Can't import a remote reference to a whole column in o

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Can't import a remote reference to a whole column in orgtbl
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:27:57 +0100

> Ismael Barros² <address@hidden> writes:

Hi, Ismael

>> Hi, I'm new to org-mode and orgtbl, please don't hit me too hard with
>> a stick if what I'm asking is retarded :)
well a google search would have shown
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/21439
;-)

>> I'm using org-mode with orgtbl inside a Latex document. I'm making
>> extensive use of remote references to other tables inside the
>> document.
>> If I reference a cell, for example, with
>> "remote(results_par,@2$9)", it works as expected,
>> but if I reference a whole column,

You cannot. This is the answer by Carsten:

"ranges are possible in remote references.  However, what
is not allowed it to assign them to a range.  On the left
side of equations you can only have single fields
like @2$3 or a column like $3.

So you might ask what the use of range references then
is?  You can put the ranges into calc functions like
vsum or vmean, or you can get them as lists in an
elisp formula."

cheers,
Giovanni