[Orgmode] question about writing org-remember templates

From: Emin.shopper Martinian.shopper
Subject: [Orgmode] question about writing org-remember templates
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 07:56:16 -0500

Dear Experts,

Thanks for org-mode. It's great!

I have a question about org-remember templates: Is there a way to have
the heading (i.e., the 5th argument in an org-remember template)
chosen in a more interactive way? For example, I'd like to do
something like

       ("TODO" ?t "* TODO %? %^{topic} \n %i\n " "~/org/todo.org"
"Tasks/^{topic}")

where the topic the user enters will get used in deciding which
heading to put the item under.

  1. Is this possible?
  2. Is there a simple hack I can do to the latest version of org-mode
to do it myself? (Pointers/suggestions to appropriate .el files
appreciated)
  3. Can I avoid asking the user for topic multiple times and just
have the first value entered by the user used in all places?

Thanks,
-Emin