Re: [Orgmode] Plotting date on xaxis

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Plotting date on xaxis
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 07:47:25 -0700

Hi Johan,

You could try plotting your table using standard org-mode date formats
which org-plot will understand without any need to specify a timefmt
string.

#+PLOT: title:"Weight" ind:1 deps:(2) type:2d with:linespo set:"xdata time"
set:"yrange [90:]"
| Date             |   Kg |
|------------------+------|
| <2010-02-21 Sun> | 95.0 |
| <2010-02-22 Mon> | 93.0 |
| <2010-02-23 Tue> | 92.0 |
| <2010-02-24 Wed> | 91.5 |
| <2010-02-25 Thu> | 91.0 |
| <2010-02-26 Fri> | 92.0 |

Alternatively if you want more control over your plots and more direct
access to gnuplot you can use org-babel to pass your table directly to
gnuplot as follows.

#+results: my-table
|       Date |   Kg |
|------------+------|
| 2010-02-21 | 95.0 |
| 2010-02-22 | 93.0 |
| 2010-02-23 | 92.0 |
| 2010-02-24 | 91.5 |
| 2010-02-25 | 91.0 |
| 2010-02-26 | 92.0 |

#+begin_src gnuplot :var data=my-table
  set xdata time
  set timefmt '%Y-%m-%d'
  set yrange [90:]
  plot data using 1:2 with linespoints title 'Kg'
#+end_src

Best -- Eric