Re: [Orgmode] listing tasks with no TODO keyword in global TODO list

From: Jan Böcker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] listing tasks with no TODO keyword in global TODO list
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 23:37:01 +0100

On 19.02.2010 16:44, Manish wrote:
> hello!
>
> i've been unable to find the variable that controls whether
> items/tasks with no TODO keyword should be treated like the ones with
> TODO so they can appear in the global TODO list.  can someone please
> point me in the right direction?
>
> thanks

Your question seems a bit confusing to me. Headlines without TODO
keywords are by definition not a todo item, so they should not appear in
the global todo list.

You can schedule them or put a deadline on them, and they will appear in
the agenda view, but not in the todo list (C-c a t).

Please clarify how you distinguish an "item/task with no TODO keyword"
from an ordinary headline used to structure the outline.

Also, take a look at custom agenda views. You could define an agenda
view that lists the todo list, and additionally includes the results of
a search (e.g. all items with a certain tag) below that.

HTH, Jan