Re: [Orgmode] Tables in ASCII export

From: Michael Gauland
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Tables in ASCII export
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 07:54:34 +1300 (NZDT)

carsten.dominik> this behavior is now the default, controlled by the new user
option
carsten.dominik> `org-export-ascii-table-widen-columns'.

Thanks. That's a start, but what I really want is to have long cells folded, so
that one table row might become several lines in the ASCII export. For example,
if my table looks like this in org:

    | / | <10R> | <20>                 |
    |   |     1 | The quick brown fo=> |
    |   |     2 | Now is the time for  |

I want my ASCII export to look like this:

      1   The quick brown fox
          jumped over the lazy
          dogs.
      2   Now is the time for
          all good me to come
          to the aid of the
          party.

I've started looking at org-table-align to get a feel for how org deals with
tables, but I'm still trying to puzzle out where this folding should be done.
Any advice on that?

Thanks,
Mike