[Orgmode] org-export [with respect to lists] to HTML

From: Livin Stephen Sharma
Subject: [Orgmode] org-export [with respect to lists] to HTML
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:33:59 +0530

I'm pasting content from an org file, and the HTML generated from it below [also attaching files - in case Mail garbles the text here].
The problem I see is that list-numbering isn't quite correct in the HTML.

I intended/expected 'Sound of Silence' to be list-item '2' since that is what it shows up as in the org-file [even after 'C-c C-c'].

Any pointers on what I'm doing wrong? Or is hand-tweaking the HTML unavoidable?
This is on org-mode 6.31a in emacs 23

 org file content:
#+TITLE: When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school...
#+STARTUP: content
#+STARTUP: hidestars
#+FILETAGS: PERSONAL

* Simonisms
 1. Kodachrome
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school, It's a wonder I can think at all
#+END_EXAMPLE
 2. Sound of silence
Ten thousand people

 generated HTML content:

When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school…

Table of Contents

1 Simonisms

  1. Kodachrome
When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school, It's a wonder I can think at all
  1. Sound of silence Ten thousand people