Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode and searching for multiple occurances

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode and searching for multiple occurances
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:09:23 +0100

Stephan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

Hi, Stephan,
> Also sprach Matt Lundin:
>> evita moreno <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> * jones2000
>>> blah blah blah keyword1 keyword2
>>> *jones2007
>>> blah blah keyword2
>>>
>>> and so on. I was wondering whether there is a way where one can search
>>> for a keyword in the database (more than 350 papers up to now) and can
>>> get in an automatic fashion in which of the jones' entries these
>>> keywords occur
>> You can use org-search-view (C-c a s).
> Just a remark:
> If the file is not in org-agenda-files it is "C-c a < s"

well I don't think that using *Agenda* is what Evita is looking for,
or at least I was not able to obtain a satisfactory view
of the authors with keyword2 occurrence in my test.org file.

I think that your first solution:

M-x org-occur

is the best *org-option*
(Isn't better using bibtex and bibtex tools?)

cheers,
Giovanni