[Orgmode] [org-habit] repetition specification

From: Austin Frank
Subject: [Orgmode] [org-habit] repetition specification
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 08:10:33 -0500

Hello--

I'm trying to get started with org-habit, which looks to be a great
addition to the already fantastic org-mode.

For me, certain habitual tasks are best thought of as "do this n times
within d days".  For example, I might try to exercise 5 times per 7
days, to eat my vegetables 3 times per 1 day, or to clean the oven 4
times per 365 days.  Similar to the original description of habits, it
doesn't matter exactly when within the period these events occur, nor is
any one occurrence especially important.  Rather, I just want to see if
I'm getting close to my desired number of repetitions within a given
period.

Is there a way of mapping this conception of habitual repetitions into
the functions provided by org-habit?  Is there a different way to do
this in org-mode that I'm missing?

Thanks,
/au

--