Re: [Orgmode] [OT] See available keybindings?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [OT] See available keybindings?
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 12:20:00 -0500

Daniel Martins <address@hidden> wrote:

> I tried and it did not work.
>
> I know it is a silly question but how can I set that f6 or f9 be a prefix
> command inside org mode?

The method assumes that <f6> has been defined as a prefix key already - from
the second part of your post, I take it that you have not done that, so that
would explain why it did not work.

As for the second part, are you sure you want it to be a prefix key *inside*
org-mode? I think the most natural way is to define it as a prefix key globally,
so you can get to your org-mode stuff from anywhere. Assuming that that is what
you want, here is the no-explanation version (I use <f7> rather than <f6>, but
you get the idea):

(setq f7-keymap (make-sparse-keymap))
(define-key global-map [f7] f7-keymap)
(define-key f7-keymap "r" 'org-remember)
(define-key f7-keymap [f7] 'org-agenda-list)

That makes it possible to call org-remember (with <f7> r) and
org-agenda-list (with <f7> <f7>) from anywhere - and also <f7> C-h
works. It should also be clear how to add additional key bindings in the
f7-keymap.  Also if you don't want the global binding of <f7>, you can
hang the <f7> keymap from some keymap other than global-map, but as I
mentioned, that's probably not what you want.

For explanations, check out section 57.4 "Customizing Key Bindings" in
the Emacs manual.

HTH,
Nick